A collection of random thoughts and Thornton moments.
Monday, September 2, 2013
Baby Month
Nice to get an extra day off for Labor Day this month. It gives some much needed rest nest time to get stuff done. Now that I am 35 weeks, I am not as concerned to go into labor. Still want at least 2 more weeks for baby girl to develop, but at this point we are "more in the clear"
35 weeks
Busy weekend as usual...seeing family, cleaning house (deep cleaning to prep for baby girl), visiting friends and keeping up with Isaiah. Thanks JT for cleaning all our carpets. It's amazing what renting a $30 Rug Doctor can do when you can't afford new carpet or professional carpet cleaners. If I had my way, I'd live in a small house with all hard wood floors. :) Seriously, I am a fan and we'll be renting one every year instead of every 3. We've lived in our house for 3 years and are just now getting them cleaned. Yikes/gross! Here's another you know you're old when... things like getting a new doorbell excite you. Our house had all the cheapest finishing touches. We SLOWLY have been making updates.
It's on there straight...just a bad pic.
This past week at work I was surprised by my work friends with a shower. I thought I was going to a meeting. Walked into the room with my notepad and everything. HOW SWEET! Big thanks to Jen and Krissy for coordinating, I was truly surprised and honored. Even though when they offered to do a luncheon I said no, It was so thoughtful, appreciated and made my day! I am not great at accepting gifts/being the center of attention. Feel so lucky to work with such wonderful women. At times, when my job is frustrating, I just remember all the good friends I've made. They even ordered Cami Cakes and all went in on a Target gift card. They know me well :)
Here are some recent pictures/videos. This is likely the last blog I'll do before baby girl arrives.
Abbey came to town...We were excited determined to get a belly picture. Funny, we had matching casts in college and now we have matching bellies. Our friends, The Hopkins, are moving so we all wanted to get together one last time before they leave the "Horton House." (They are big Dr. Seuss fans and they live on Horton St.- How appropriate :)
Ab (34) me (35)
Throwback
We seriously had opposite casts
The girls (minus Meryl)
6 years post college 6 babies (2 more on the way) Zay is the only boy.
Zay is almost 19 months and really becoming quite the BUSY character. He got his first haircut this month. He's also mastering the stairs, running, jumping, high knees (lol) and pointing out his loved one in pictures.
We started out our Labor Day hitting his head on the bed. It could have been WAY worse, but I feel so guilty he was right by me. :(
Mom's heartbroken
Still a ball loving fool. He's now shooting a real men's basketball and "dribbling" This video is about a month old.
Still admiring his dad...I bet that will last forever. Can't say I blame him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment