Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunshine when skies are Gray

Three generations of mommas
I never fully understood the love my mom has for me until I became a mother myself. I am looking so forward to Sunday- My first Mother's Day. I can't wait to see and spend time with Isaiah and my mom. I've never met a more selfless person. This is the message she sent my brother and I after asking what she wanted to do.


"For Moms day we are all meeting at Cosco 95th st and Im getting you both a cart full of groceries..wont take no for an answer and I just love to fill up your cuboards...it's a mom thing.Your both struggeling financially and maturing through it. I will embarrass both of you at work if we cant do this. Love and prayers dont get a bunch of food this week...and for lunch we will eat all the samples there. I get to push the buggy with Isaiah in it."

Here it is her day and she wants to get us groceries. The part about eating the samples cracks me up.We are also thrifty in our family. lol

I just bought myself a mother's day gift. The Ergo baby carrier. I have been wanting one for months. I finally gave in figuring saving my back is a good investment. 


Being a mom is hard work, but I've never had a more satisfying role. I LOVE every minute of motherhood...even the minutes at 2, 3, 4 and 5 in the morning. 

Huge thank you to you mom for always being our sunshine when skies were gray. We are thankful for your love, grace, spirit and heart. You are such an amazing woman and friend. Jerry and I are so lucky to have you as our mom! This song reminds me of you -minus that it was written by a son :) 




My mom and Zaya at the KU Relays

Grandma with all the babies
I recently sat at a park bench waiting for my friend Amy to go on a walk. I sat there observing the parents and kids who were there playing. It broke my heart that every parent there was doing their own thing instead of playing with their children. I haven't taken Isaiah to the park yet, but when I do I won't sit in my car reading a trashy novel stuffing chips into my mouth while he plays. Nor will I smoke cigarettes and talk on the phone while my kid begs me to push them on the swing. Not meaning to judge them because I am not in their shoes, I can only hope that my parenting style is different...AND it will be. I saw this pin on Pinterest and thought it was worth sharing. 





To all the mommas out there, I hope you have a great weekend and hope that you are celebrated. 

XOXO, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment