A collection of random thoughts and Thornton moments.
Saturday, August 2, 2014
Memorable Month
July 2014 such a great memorable month.
Yes...I still have a blog. There isn't exactly a lot of "extra time" for blogging and such. Shoot, it's a good day if I leave the house with my teeth brushed some days. Relax...I have a backup toothbrush and toothpaste in my office drawer. (true story) I wanted to write about this past month so I don't forget it, plus I have some updates for people that care :)
Now that it's officially August, it is busy season. JT will soon be back to his 60 hour work weeks. Happy to have had such a wonderful June and July with him home more taking much deserved "time off"
The month started off very rough. Isaiah got hand foot & mouth at the end of June from a local play place. UGH! It was awful and kept him out of daycare an entire week. This is a virus so no meds help and it is VERY contagious. Isaiah gave it to his cousin Evie which I felt so bad about. It also spread to our in home daycare :( I was a crazy cleaning/sanitizing lady and trying to keep Ellis clear of him was really tough. She got a fever for a few days, but never got the blisters...Isaiah was well enough by July 4th so we were able to leave our house and see some friends. 4th of July is one of my favorites...To bad little babies and their bedtime/temper tantrums don't allow us to see fireworks. This year we went to JT's former KU position coach's house. It was so fun to spend good time with the Stuckey's and let Isaiah and Jayton Stuckey play and it was great catching up with Coach Bowen and his cute family!
Hand Foot & Mouth Day 3
Lots of toy cleaning going on...
4th of July Jayhawk :)
D Backs who held it down with a great coach :) Love this one!
Jayhawk, Isaiah and Jayton Stuckey :)
Our attempt at a family picture
This is not a selfie!
JT turned 27 this month. We celebrated on his actual birthday with a surprise visit from his family. So great to see them they always are a good time.I am always amazed with JT's maturity. He has it all together and is literally good at everything he does. I hope he is as happy with our life as I am. I really scored the jackpot with him as a husband and dad. And you should see him with his little girl. So sweet!
We took a trip to Table Rock Lake with the Lesny's and Corey + kids. Big thank you to my cousin Jeremy for joining us. We loved his company. Big thanks to Linda for letting us stay at her place. We had so much fun with our best friends. Definitely hope to do this again next summer. Weather was perfect (minus the 30 bug bites I got) It felt like fall outside at night. Lots of smore eating for me :) So nice to get away.
Batman on the deck
The kiddos (and batman)
A throwback of Isaiah's first lake trip. Love this one :)
Another good effort for a family picture lol
Zay loving the water
Our loves
JT gathered rocks and made a fire pit. Weather was amazing! Like fall at night.
JT and a few best friends
I did not participate in this activity. lol
Work update-
Even before I had kids I knew that working full time would be a struggle for me once I became a mother. I also know that I was not made to be a full stay-at-home mom. So much respect for the moms that do it. I've always said and I know that I am a better mom because I do work. I am so happy to announce that starting in September I will work part-time spending two days a week at home with my loves. At work the opportunity for me to work part-time presented itself and I took it. Now, I'll get the best of both worlds. Walking away from Kansas Athletics was something I was leaning towards. Collegiate athletics is great and Kansas Athletics has become my second home, but the demand/hours can be long and everyday at 3pm my heart would break that someone other than me was spending more awake hours with my kids. Over the past 8 years I have built my network, made life long friendships at work and I was nervous about leaving that, but family first! Glad I don't have to leave. Looking so forward to more time with my babies. These are the years I can't get back and time is going way too fast! Happy to have a boss who is supportive and a mother of three herself. No idea how she does it. Thank you to my friends and family that joined me in praying for a solution that would give me peace in my heart. I so appreciate your support. Hopefully I can manage my workload efficiently so I can truly enjoy the days off that I do have with my kids. (I honestly will probably refuse to work on those days) BIG thank you to my husband for his support. He is such a rock for our family and always telling me everything will be alright. Things will be really tight financially, but money isn't everything.
With this transition we also decided it was time to get Isaiah into a more structured daycare/learning facility. I went on a tour at Precious Ones Learning Center (POLC) http://www.preciousones.org/ after finding out they accept part-time well at least they do until someone full time wants his spot :( which I understand. Just hoping it doesn't happen to us.
POLC is a Christian based daycare center here in town. How awesome is that? I read their mission statement and knew I needed to see the building :) Our Mission is to offer a Christian based environment that will assist children to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically, and spritually. Our goal is to be recognized in the community as leading and strengthening children and all families in a spirit of Christian faith. We will dedicate our lives to the safety and well-being of the precious lives left in our care.
I am so excited for Isaiah, but also very sad for him to leave his in home provider since he was just 3 months old. Teri has become a friend, we truly love her. It was really hard decision... Ellis will stay at Mrs. Teri's to get the love and care she deserves. We will have to take Isaiah often to visit Teri and all the kids at "Teri's House Daycare" They all have such a special place in all our hearts.
Also this month...
Isaiah (2.5 years old)
Said goodbye to bedtime and car ride binki :) This went surprisingly really well. I think it was harder on me than him. It took about 4 days for him to stop asking for it.
Isaiah had his first visit to the dentist. He is not a fan of brushing his teeth so I knew the appt likely wouldn't go well and I was right. Hopeful for a better visit next time.
Happy in the waiting room
They gave him a tiger to help his mood but I'm going to say the bad visit was due to Tiger holding :)
First night without his "B" and of course with Spiderman his new favorite.
Ellis (10 months)
Started crawling (finally)! She is also pulling herself up and is totally in love with her big brother. Ellis also decided she was done breastfeeding. I think she wasn't getting enough because pumping is not even worth it. I am ok with being done. It was a little sad, but also it's liberating. I wanted to go a year, but 10 months is something to be proud of. It wasn't easy and I had a lot of issues, but pushed through them. So proud of myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment