I think it's time to re-name the blog. Maybe something like Thornton Thoughts (tri-annually). Going to do my best to remember our last 4 months of 2014. The purpose of this blog is to record some fun moments/pictures. Warning there are a LOT of pictures.
September
Ellis turned one and we had not one, but two parties. One prior to a KU Football game and another "Farm B day" at my aunt Linda's farm in Gardner. Sometimes it's just easier having two so that people don't have to travel as far or be faced to be around family members they don't like. (sad but true) I am pretty sure we will NEVER be having two parties again. Way too much work. I am also pretty sure the next few b day parties for my kiddos will be pizza and cake at home with mom and dad with 1-2 gifts. They have too much and throwing parties is outrageous.
I started my dream job this month. Not a new job technically, just some different responsibilities and new hours (20/week). I am now off with kids Wed and Friday and someday I'll be able to also take off Thursday afternoons. At first, this new role was extremely hard to get use to. Not being able to completely let go of work duties is somewhat challenging while trying to maintain the house and spend my undivided attention with the kids. By now, things are better and I am adjusting. Major props to the stay at home moms. Easily the hardest/yet most rewarding profession out there. There are days I ask myself why I decided to do it, but there are also days I wonder if I should completely throw in the towel to stay home full time. Just not prepared to sell the house and all our belongings quite yet :) so for now this part time gig is where it's at. Thankful for the opportunity and trying to be the best I can be at both roles.
 |
| B day girl. The game was a day after her actual birthday |
 |
| Loves her Nana |
 |
| Zay with his best friend Big Jay |
 |
| Dad escaped work for a minute to come by the b day tent |
Farm party fun...I was horrible at taking pictures. The set up was cute, I failed at capturing the day as well as I hoped, but got a few pics we'll treasure forever.
 |
| Goody bags- Honeycrisp apple, Mac & Cheese and farm suckers from Oriental Trading |
 |
| My best friend since middle school, Andrea |
 |
| LOVES uncle Jerry |
 |
| Ellis with my aunts Amy and Linda and cousin Jamie |
 |
| kids loved the animals |
 |
| Gma time :) |
 |
| Some of the cuties |
 |
| Picture taken by Aunt April. This one tops my favorites list of her to date |
.jpg) |
| So cute, Cami!! |
Farm b day invite (not shown) and sign was special made by my talented friend Amber Temple and the cookies/cupcakes (not shown) were made by my friend Cami. Owner of Cami Cake & Coffee in Eudora. https://www.facebook.com/camiscakeco
Amber:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Temple-Photography/354006761364
October
Mommy (I) turned 31 (I totally just whipped out my iPhone and did 2014-1983) Math checks out. I am indeed 31. lol WOW! Isaiah
started tried soccer classes through Parks & Rec. It was wonderful but he's not quite ready for drills and such. He basically ran around with not one but two balls in his hands the whole time. Teaching him we don't touch the ball in soccer is going to be a little hard. :) I did however get him to "pose" for at least one picture. He did learn to put his foot on the ball. Nailed it! lol
 |
| Isaiah and his Lawrence hippy hair do. Love his hair long |
I had been looking forward to October for awhile. Not because it was my b day but because we took a trip to San Diego to see some best friends. It was Ellis and Isaiah's first plane ride. I was a little anxious for the trip and was fully prepared to be the most hated lady on the plane but they did pretty well. We had such a wonderful time seeing the Stuckey's. I can easily say that my friend Lacie is becoming one of my very best friends. We have a lot in common and she loves Jesus and also loves serving others. The trip was totally chill with no "set plans." We went to a park on the beach one morning, ate lots of yummy food, visited some seals at La Jolla Cove, and we attended the Chiefs vs. Chargers game to see uncle Stuck play. Kids lasted the entire game, not easily but they did. So fun watching football now with Isaiah because every black man is "uncle Stuck." I also got to see my former college roommate and bestie Carolyn who lives in San Diego now. Miss her! On our trip Ellis took her first steps. I was even able to record it. Isaiah also walked at 13 months. The airplane ride home was not as successful as the way there. Turns out chocolate milk and fruit loops at 7pm (KC time) is a horrible idea. Rookie mistake.


 |
| Spiderman headphones, iPad, Sucker (black eye)...all set! |
 |
| This park is so cool! |
 |
| Walking with daddy <3 |
 |
| Both kids first time to the ocean |
 |
| Mommy needs some sun...Yikes |
 |
| Beautiful friend, Lacie and I |
 |
| Best dad :) |
 |
| Cute handmade shirts by my friend April |
Check out her etsy shop.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreateCookTeach She can basically do anything custom, just ask!
 |
| April made this onesie too! |
 |
| Back of the shirts and two ADORABLE friends watching Dad/Uncle |
 |
| Love them! |
Isaiah and Ellis were Batman and Cat Woman for Halloween. Ellis hated her mask and ears. But they were too cute!
November
Hummm what happened in November? I honestly can't remember most of the month. Isaiah started gymnastics classes through Parks & Rec. We absolutely love it. It's a parent/kid class so Justin and I take turns taking him. It lasted two months. We will definitely sign him up again. We went to Atchison and saw JT's side for Thanksgiving. I try to have a thankful heart everyday, but something about the month of Thanksgiving makes you really realize all the things you have that can easily be taken for granted. Having children with good health is what I am most thankful for. I cannot even imagine what some mothers are forced to deal with on a daily basis. I cannot thank God enough for giving my family and friends good health. We did family pics this month. I had a lot of baby weight packed on the last round :) Thanks to my family for allowing me to stress out about "coordinating outfits" and for putting up with pictures. Well to be honest, the kids hardly put up with them. They look miserable in most of them. I on the other hand am so happy,..I literally look Chinese.




 |
| Her tongue was out in many of them lol |
I totally put up Christmas décor the first week of Nov. YES before Thanksgiving. I was pretty simple though and our trees had no bulbs. Call me scrooge or call me genius. I have the Colorado style pine like pre-lit trees that honestly look better sans bulbs. I did do one small tree in Isaiah's room which we used as our Jesse tree. You are probably asking what is a Jesse tree? It follows the lineage of Christ's family and key people in the Old Testament that God uses to tell His story from Creation through Christ's birth. It's a countdown daily to Christmas with the telling of a story and use of an ornament that acts as a symbol and reminder of the story.
At the end of the month, my sweet friend Katie hosted an ornament exchange and all the ladies were given a specific day/verse to create their ornaments. I was so blessed by this. Not only were the stories a good reminder to me, it also allowed me to think of sweet friends who made the ornament. Isaiah is still too young and didn't really pay attention to my story telling or verse reading, but we did practice naming ornaments. Ie) "Joseph and his coat, "Noah's ark," "Jonah and the whale" he did pretty good with memorizing them.
Here is some more info if you think you want to check it out for next year. Can't wait to continue this tradition.
http://jessetreeproject.com/
December
Sadly Christmas is over and this month FLEW by. We celebrated at 4 different places and had two parties with friends. Busy month! I refuse to do more than one visit/celebration in a one day. Maybe when the kids are older, but for now...it's not for us. I also am big about our own family traditions which is Christmas Eve service followed by pizza and movie, then a yummy breakfast with mimosa's and presents at home before going anywhere. Nothing beats spending time with those you love most. Such a fun month! My best guy friend from college, Zach and his adorable girlfriend(s) Tam and Erin came to town from Denver. They got to see a game in Allen and we got to have a nice dinner out with them.
 |
| Isaiah 2 years 10 months/Ellis 15 months |
 |
| The Jesse tree I mentioned earlier. I tried SO many times for a pic of them by it. This one is the funniest one. |
 |
| Work Holiday party-Love time alone with this man. |
 |
| Bestie Abbey from college. Our girls are 2 weeks apart :) |
 |
| UNBELIEVABLE they are all looking and sitting still. WHAT?? |
 |
| Ellis and grandma Susie |
 |
| Ellis feeding baby Grinch lol |
 |
| El wearing a dress that was mine. I also wore it my second Christmas :) I hope to have it for if/when she has a girl |
 |
| Ellis with Aunt Linda |
 |
| Christmas morning pancakes. I tried |
 |
| Christmas morning |
 |
| Daddy and his girl with a matching headband ha ha |
 |
| Reading with Papa |
 |
| All I wanted was a pic with all looking and no crying. Maybe next year |
 |
| Isaiah with my Nana (dads mom) She is 96 |
 |
| Wanted to show off my stockings from Dollar Tree. These literally cost $1 each. Had handy April help put names on them. |
 |
| A night out with friends. We need more of those nights in 2015 |
We must have watched The Grinch a hundred times. Zay likes the one with Jim Carey best which is great because we also love it. He sings the song so funny. Couldn't quite capture it the best but still something to remember.
JT and I spent NYE on the couch. #turndownforwhat? We watched
The Equalizer (with Denzel...I recommend it) and I went to bed at 11:30. I know only :30 more minutes...but staying up until 11:30 was tough enough. Poor JT I am super boring, cheap and also love being at home safe with my babies. To me, it's just another night.
Looking so forward to this coming year. Hoping it brings lots of joy, continued health, peace and no positive pregnancy tests. #tired #thinkweredone
Thanks to our family and friends for making our lives and past year so full!
Love your review of the last few months! This kids are SO big and SO adorable :)
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at your comment of no positive pregnancy tests! Hope to see you all soon.