Thursday, August 18, 2011

The beat goes on!

This morning I was sent a devotional via e-mail. Before today, I've had no feelings on whether we're having a boy or girl. I can't give away why because we are keeping names a secret, but today's devotion made me feel like we'll have a girl since it came on the day of the beat (heartbeat)

I had been anxiously awaiting this appointment for nearly 14 weeks. I am entering my second trimester and am finally starting to feel like I am on land, not a boat. I can't even describe the feeling of this precious beat. It was fast. I was worried it was my fault because work has been stressing me out. Turns out it's suppose to be fast (153/154) Pheeeww!

JT recorded it, but didn't get all of the conversation (I blame the i phone) I wanted to blog about the conversation so I'll remember the memory forever. I've always thought I would cry when I heard it, I didn't cry (in the office) I laughed. So hard actually the doctor jokingly said you have to stop laughing to hear it better. It was a belly laugh. lol I did cry but not until I got into my car and processed what just happened. It was the coolest/best day ever! I am so thankful for a supportive husband who is just as excited as I am. So blessed!! :)

Going to try to post the video but I am not too tech savvy, so we'll see...


In about 4 weeks we will find out boy or girl, then let the shopping begin!!!

3 comments:

  1. I laughed when we saw the second sonogram and it actually looked like a baby! I couldn't stop laughing it was just so crazy that there was a baby in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny, I love that you belly laughed!! :) I actually thought that I would cry too but I was just so happy that all I could do was smile really big!! Such an amazing experience, sounds like we will find out the sex of our lil' ones about the same time!! So excited for you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the video- love that I can hear his/her heartbeat! God is so good! Such and amazing, beautiful miracle!

    ReplyDelete