| Our Bird Dog |
I sit here tonight loving on my dogs Boston and Ahli and thinking about all those who have lost pets. I got the call today that Bandit, was not doing well and was headed into the vet in the late afternoon. I had a horrible feeling about it. She had been slowly digressing these past couple of weeks.
Bandit's kidney's were failing and it was "time." She was almost 15 years old and lived a really good life. She got to go to work everyday with my dad and had years of people loving on her. Even though it's suppose to be easier since she is no longer in pain, you never have enough time with your dog. Some people think I am nuts for treating my dogs so well (like they are human) but that is what a real dog lover does and my family is no different than I am. Breaks my heart that my mom and I didn't get to say goodbye, but for now I'll just hold onto the years of memories.
Bandit, we all love you and will miss you very much. I will even miss your grouchy moments when Boston wanted to hump and lick you. :)
| Bandit last year on my birthday |
Rest in peace sweet girl!!
Somehow always on not so happy days, God finds a way to bring a smile to my face. Got a card from my momma in the mail that said on the inside, "Let courage, confidence, and hope bloom- A wonderful new path is waiting" Thanks mom you are simply the best and will always be "my sunshine when skies are gray"
Aw, I'm sorry. It's so hard to lose a pet, especially one that's been in your life for so long. It's comforting to know that they are in a better place and no longer suffering.
ReplyDelete