Saturday, September 24, 2011

The day we found out...

I thought Friday, September 23rd would never come. The week leading up to our first sonogram went by at a snails pace. When it finally came, it was more than a perfect day! It was the first day of fall, which is my favorite season...especially in Lawrence. I love all the colors that will soon come to the trees.

Our appt. was in the afternoon. We explained to the tech that we wanted to find out, but not right there and then. We had a big date planned for the evening. She went on explaining everything she saw (I am glad she did, because the spine was the only thing I could really tell what it was. There were 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 eyes, 2 kidneys, 4 heart chambers... and either a penis or a vagina lol.

Profile- This is at 19 weeks

Baby's foot 
She said everything looked great. It was such an amazing moment I will NEVER forget. I've never felt so close to JT -who was holding my hand during it :) . It was truly magical. Our tech put the last photo which revealed the sex in an envelope. It was torture having an envelope with results all afternoon. I was the girl who opened all of her Christmas presents prior to Christmas and re-wrapped them. (sorry mom and dad)

We had dinner reservations at our (ok my) favorite restaurant, Houston's on the Plaza at 6:15. We started our date by saying a prayer together and thanking God for all his blessings. I decided I wanted JT to have the honor of opening the results. Here is the video...

I love how I am asking "what is it, what is it" and he's like "I'll drink to that" Love him!

A BOY!! Whoo hoo...we couldn't be happier. We've already decided on a name. It will be Isaiah Jae Thornton. Jae (pronounced Jay) is after my brother Jerry and JT. I call them both J. Isaiah because it's not "super white" and it's not "super black" lol but mostly because we love the bible verse Isaiah 40:31 which says,

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Right above our table there was a picture of a train (I LOVE trains). I was planning on some kind of train theme for the nursery if it was a boy. We'll see I am not sure yet what I'll do with decor.

After dinner we walked to the movie theatre and watched Contagion. It was ok...the previews made it look like it would be a lot better. I could have watched Glitter and it would have still been a perfect evening.

What a cool train photo!


SO HAPPY! 

The card I made for JT

3 comments:

  1. That video was priceless! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Ashley and JT!
    That video was awesome! Jt...hilarious.
    I'm so excited for you two; you guys will be awesome parents :]
    Ashley, my brother and I used to search for receipts around Christmas time to figure out what we got because my parents had to hide our presents at other peoples' houses! So I totally now how you feel about anticipation.
    And great name :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Boys are the best! I love the video. Sy saw me watching it and goes, "Why are you crying?". Yeah, I'll admit, I teared up a bit!

    Ahhhh! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete