Saturday, February 4, 2012

Burst of Energy? Check!

I've heard so many moms say that right before you go into labor you get a burst of energy. I woke up this morning (after sleeping better than I have in months) feeling very energetic. Today marks 38 weeks...or 9.5 months. Meryl gave me this Jayhawk shirt at my shower. I  thought I would get a belly pic for her :)


This morning, I lost my mucus plug around 8am. (If you don't know what that is...don't (Annie Werner lol) Google it...gross!) Yesterday I was dizzy and not feeling well so I went to my doctor. Learned that I am now 4cm dilated, still 75% effaced. All the signs are near. The waiting game is by far THE WORST part of pregnancy. The song "Should I stay or should I go" is becoming my life.


When do I go to the hospital? Thanks to a co-worker I watched this video of this lady giving birth in her car (video below) It really freaked me out and I can't stop thinking about it. Listen to the dad, he's pretty funny. 



Today at JT's work (Dale Willey http://www.dalewilleyauto.com/) Safe Kids of Douglas County http://www.safekidsdouglascounty.org/ was doing a car seat clinic/inspection. I went there and got the car seat installed. It was good to get educated on the installation of our Britax car seat. So many people install car seats improperly. I would have been one of those people had I not gone. Safe Kids of Douglas County is a great organization. I saw some lower income families there today that got free car seats because the ones they had were not right for their children. :)

Dogs and I are maxing and relaxing this afternoon. We need our energy for the KU v. MU game tonight. Who knows...may need my energy for labor too.

2 comments:

  1. What in the WORLD, with that video??? So many questions! 1. Why didn't they pull over?? 2. Who was filming?? 3. Who did she call? It sounded like she was just calling a friend or her mom or something. No 911?? 4. Why didn't they pull over?????? (I know already said that, but SERIOUSLY).

    Good luck on holding off on labor until after the game! Too bad it's such a late tip-off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting so close! I give you a week, maybe a week and a half max! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete