Sunday, March 11, 2012

One Year...One Month

JT and I celebrated our one year Anniversary on March 4th. We kept it casual/inexpensive and went and saw Safe House with Denzel Washington. My momma watched the little man...screaming babies in movies is frowned upon (not that we have a screaming baby) Also, we have to be sure to have time for just us. I am so honored and blessed to be married to my best friend. JT is such an amazing dad already and I feel so fortunate everyday that I got such a good partner. Even though we've only been married a year, we have been together for over 6 years. So excited for our life. Some of my favorite wedding photos below. Loved our photographer my friend Annie with Anne Pendleton photography. I have so many talented friends that take pictures. It's so hard to choose who to use.




Isaiah is already a month old. At his month old doctors appt on Thursday I learned that he is growing fast...Already 9 lbs 10 oz. (Born at 6.2) After all the trouble I have had breastfeeding, I am so proud of myself for sticking with it and helping our son grow. Hopefully I can continue to endure the pain/soreness.JT asked Isaiah this week if he wanted to be a corner or a safety? As of now I am thinking linebacker may be more appropriate. 

He will hate me later for this one :)

He is lifting his head up and starting to follow noises. We are still working on the whole sleep thing during the night :) We are eating about every 1.5 to 2 hours. I am just now starting to feel back to normal and starting to get the swing of this whole mom thing. People were right when they said that being a parent is the hardest, yet most rewarding thing you'll ever do. 

I have exhausted 4 weeks of my maternity leave already. It's going WAY too fast. Can maternity leave be eternity leave? Praying that God will bless us with something different job wise so I can be a part time mom. I don't think being a stay at home mom is for me. Part time would be awesome! As of now, I will go back to work full time. We can't afford to live if I don't. I am already dreading the day I have to drop him off at daycare. I feel fortunate to work for such a great company, just think I need something more 8-5 no events and no weekends. I do LOVE the people I work with and would miss them lots if I took another job. We will see how things pan out. 

Here are some pictures of his first month. 

Heading home from LMH






Loves napping in the bed


One Month Old- March 9th







1 comment:

  1. You are doing an awesome job Ash! Love you! Give Isaiah a kiss for me! Can't believe it has been 1 year since your wedding and Isaiah is 1 month old- lots to celebrate!!! :)

    ReplyDelete