Mr. Zaya turned two months old yesterday. Learned at his doctors appt. that he's in the 75% for weight 12.9 lbs (could have guessed that) and the 50% for height at 22.5 inches. At two months he has more than doubled his weight. I just LOVE his chubby cheeks and legs. He got 3 shots at his 2 month check up. I think it hurt me more than it hurt him. Dad came from work on his lunch break to support us, thanks JT :)
I will go back to work at the end of this month. A friend from work told me not to focus on the date I go back to work, but instead enjoy the days I have left. It's SOOOO hard to do that. I already cry pretty much daily about going back. I know it will be good for him to be away from me and good for me to use my brain and talk in my adult voice. :) We went to visit Mrs. Teri, Isaiah's daycare provider, today. JT and I feel so comfortable with her, she is so wonderful with kids and is just so sweet. We are lucky to have found her. I just pray that someday God will bless us with different jobs so that I can cuddle and educate my son part time. Being a full stay at home mom isn't for me I don't think.
A few mommy things I have learned so far (some learned the hard way):
- Don't use the microwave to warm a bottle
- Infants need more than a syringe full of formula and it should be warm (*short story below)
- Don't leave the handle up on the car seat when it's locked in place in the car
- For boys- Use what I like to call cock block (link below) when changing diapers or learn how to change them fast
- 3.5 hours of sleep a night is really good sleep
- It's ok to leave your baby in their "bunny chair" while you shower
- It's never too early to start reading to your baby
- Don't put all your energy into your baby/children, remember your spouse needs you too :)
*The first night home from the hospital (my milk wasn't in yet) Zaya cried and cried. I was worried about giving him too much to eat so I filled up a syringe full of cold Similac and shot it into his mouth. JT and I look back at that night and just have to laugh about it. I called my friend in the am and learned that he could have 1-2 ounces. Whoops!
My friend Amber got us this football weeblock (link below) it's so cute! We definitely got our fair share of pee showers and I am sure we'll get plenty more. I would post a pic of Zaya with it on, but I want him to like me when he's a teenager.
This year we spent Easter with my dad's side. My "Na Na" is 93 years old and is not doing the best. I am so happy that she has been able to meet and hold Isaiah. It will be a hard adjustment for me every Holiday not seeing all sides of our families, but we just can't do it all. Now that we have Isaiah we want to start our own traditions, so we'll have to throw that into the day somehow.
Here are a few 'lately' photos
 |
| Already practicing sitting up |
 |
| Promise your Easter basket will get better son |
 |
| So great seeing my aunt Shelly from Georgia this month |
 |
| Father son on Easter morn |
 |
| I am obsessed with his outfit :) |
 |
| Our kids... |
 |
| Easter 2012 |
 |
| Happy boy! |
 |
| I at 2 months- Our new favorite picture, we love the FB outfit and booties |
 |
| March Mass-ness after we beat North Carolina |
Oh my goodness! Love these pics! I especially love the one with him in the bumbo seat and your profile pic with him in his robe... and the one with the dogs.... and the one where he has that cute little grin... and, okay all of them! What a precious family you have Ash! You are a wonderful mom and wife! I love reading your stories- you always crack me up! :) See you sometime soon!
ReplyDeleteI love your hair, your baby, and your baby stories. Miss you mamacita!
ReplyDelete