Monday, July 23, 2012

When it rains, it pours?

Ok...this weather is getting ridiculous. I might even go as far to say I wish we would have had more snow this last winter. I know this is payback from the mild winter. You know you're getting old when you talk about needing rain and want nothing to do with being outdoors. I LOVE thunderstorms! My Boxer, Ahli not so much. This weeks forecast says rain on Thursday. Bring it on! And none of that sprinkle stuff.

Our sitter was closed this week on vacation so Mr. Isaiah got lots of love from family this week. We went to aunt Linda's lake house for JT's birthday since daycare was closed. We had the BEST time. She has a log cabin like place right on the water with a huge deck and screened in porch. It was so nice to get away! I was extremely nervous about having Isaiah on the boat. It's the other idiots on the water you have to be careful of. lol Always love spending time with Linda and my cousins. We're so blessed to have a close nit family.
JT's b day cake from Kim and my dad

Dad's 25th Birthday Card

Taking our other kids to uncle Jerry's before the lake trip


Aunt Linda and Zaya

Family Pic on the boat

Jamie and Zaya. He is such a flirt


Her lake house is AMAZING!

Lil stud :)

Wednesday (7-18) I drove Isaiah to Gardner to stay with my mom for his first sleepover. I can't believe I didn't go pick him up Wednesday night. I wanted to SO bad, but I knew my mom wanted some time with him. JT and I got to go on a date. Dinner and a movie was the plan...until realization set in that I had to get up at 5am to go to the Lawrence Sidewalk sale for work. I only called my mom like 6 times to check on him. Sorry mom...lol. The break was nice for JT and I, but I missed him so much.

Since it's been so hot out, we spent a lot of time inside this weekend. Thanks to the 40% off sale at Sherwin Williams, we got some new paint for our living room, kitchen and upstairs hallways. Because DIY is so much cheaper we got our paint supplies and went to work. The yellow in my living room I loved at first, but it was too yellow. It looked like mustard got smeared all over my walls. Can't wait to share the before and afters.

Job update for hubbs- JT accepted a new job which he started last week. It's wonderful seeing him happy. Not that his last job made him unhappy, but he is excited to be back around KU Athletics as the Operations Manager for Centerplate. Both of our offices are in Allen Fieldhouse. It's kind of fun that we're close, but not too close :)

Below is my new favorite video of Isaiah and the dogs. We had the perfect weekend as a family. We spent lots of time together and also got a ton done in the house. Feeling beyond blessed! Zaya is learning how to hold his own bottle. There is a video of that too. YES I am a first time mom (to a baby) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment