Monday, May 6, 2013

Scariest day of my life (so far)!

This morning I posted a Facebook status "Let not your heart be troubled...verse I need today hope it helps someone else too!" I posted this not knowing what laid ahead for our family. 

Just yesterday and last night Isaiah was running, playing and acting totally normal. He was a tad fussy this am, but nothing that was alarming.

Our happy healthy boy at the KU vs. Baylor Baseball game 5/5/13
Today started as a normal (don't want to go to work) Monday. At drop off, Teri mentioned that Isaiah felt warm. I didn't even notice. She took his temp and it was 100. He has about 5 teeth trying to come in...I thought it was that. I told Teri to let me know if she thought he didn't feel well. I then left for work.

At 9:30, I text Teri to see how he was. She called immediately and said it was at 101 and that he seemed really tired so she was going to lay him down until I got there.

At 10:30, he awoke and I was on my way to pick him up. When I got to her driveway she was calling. I answered and said, I'm in your drive way. She frantically said "you need to get in here right away" My stomach fell to the floor and I immediately lost all feeling in my legs as I ran in. She informed me that she called 911 and that an ambulance was on the way. I took him from her arms and he was lifeless and very sick. 

We went to LMH in the ambulance. His oxygen level was decreasing and they gave him some oxygen until we got to the hospital. I have NO IDEA how I held myself together on the outside. I've never hurt so bad or have been that worried in my life. I just kept telling Isaiah, "it's ok mommy's here" but in the back of my mind I was wondering if it was ok. Thank the Lord for his love and grace and always watching over us when we are worried. 

The doctor explained that Isaiah had a febrile seizure due to his temperature. The highest it got was 103 which isn't that high really. 

After chest x rays, blood cultures, ibuprofen and tylenol and a few hours at LMH we were released to go home.

Such a good dad/husband. We're SO LUCKY!



Buddy napping immediately after we got home
We got home and he ate a decent lunch and immediately went down for a nap. I will be watching his every move the rest of the night. SCARY SCARY! So blessed that nothing major was wrong. 

Please keep him and us in your prayers. Mommy is still so sick about it and trying to be brave and not worry too much for #2. 

1 comment:

  1. Big hugs for Isaiah and Mommy & Daddy! I will be thinking of you guys! I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete