I put her down this am, stood over her crib and bawled. :( She's 7 weeks Thursday. Already dreading leaving her and going back to work. I go back Dec. 2nd.
She is a good sleeper. She has had a couple of nights of more than 4+ hour stretches of sleep. Whoo hoo! Now only if my boobs would let me sleep. Sorry for the men reading that part. lol
Last December we had to say goodbye to one of our/my VERY best friends. My Boston boy was diagnosed with heart disease mid November...We said goodbye 2 short weeks later. To say this was/still is a sad time for me is the understatement of the year. I remember one of the first things I thought about after losing him, was maybe God will bless us with baby #2 and this is his way of telling us to remain faithful and he will bring us Joy.
January rolls around and so did 4 positive pregnancy sticks. After a few months of being pregnant I began thinking about the nursery. The idea of honoring Boston came to mind and I knew it would be perfect. Boy or Girl, I would make it work.
We found out at our gender reveal date that it was a girl. Lucky for JT, I might have tried to name my son Boston. lol (link to our gender reveal date)
http://thoughtsbythornton.blogspot.com/2013/05/gender-reveal-date.html
![]() |
| Guest Room- Before |
I bought an old/antique dresser from Teri, our daycare provider, which I re-finished and love!!
After nearly completing the room, I got an e-mail from Target saying the rug was discontinued and it would NOT be delivered. I could have cried.
![]() |
| The rug |
After telling a few folks I was decorating the nursery in Boston Terrier themed, I started getting the cutest most thoughtful gifts.
| Top Left (blanket from Sarah Dyerson, Top Right- Onesie from April Bottom Left- Onesie from Kristen Wall, Bottom Right- outfit from Jean Thoma |
| JT did this all by himself. He had never painted stripes before. I'd say he's now a pro. |
![]() |
| This was a gift from my brother years ago, it's so special now. The background was purple, I painted it yellow to match. |
| Thank you garage sales and a few friends that gave hand me downs...we should be set for a little bit :) |
![]() |
| Here is the after of the dresser. Love the color/how it turned out. |
| Kim re-covered some old throw pillows for me. So cute! |
| I bought the letters from Hobby Lobby. Painted them yellow and glued these fake flowers on them. Love this! |





Love her room! You are gifted in so many ways! What a great mama you are...it will be hard going back to work, but everything will work out just fine...depend on God for strength :)
ReplyDelete