This whole mom thing is a trip...Especially for someone who is naturally nervous. Not worrying about the things you can't control is easier said than done. I need to learn to rely more on God and trust his plan for our lives. One of my favorite bible verses is Jeremiah 29:11 (below photo). Can't wait to teach Isaiah this verse.
 |
| This is from a baby boy's room. How cute huh? |
Two weeks ago today Isaiah developed a wheezing noise in his chest. After a few days I decided to take him to the doctor. We were sent home with a prescription for a nebulizer and some albuterol. Albuterol is a bronchodilator that relaxes muscles in the airways and increases air flow to the lungs. I was so sad for him. It was very comforting to know that many of my friends kids had the same treatment. After a week, he wasn't any better so I took him back in...I was then prescribed some prednisone. That seemed to have no effect on him either. Yesterday we got an antibiotic hopefully that will clear up the junk in his chest. I just want my boy back to normal breathing.
 |
| First treatment at the doctors office :( |
 |
| He was holding it himself. So big! |
 |
| Aw buddy! |
 |
| Watching Celtics vs. Heat with dad |
 |
| Prob won't wear a cut off again. lol |
 |
| Teaching him things early :) |
 |
| LAID BACK! |
 |
| Future catcher? |
Ever since Ahli (our dog) got sick I am better about putting myself in others shoes. It's strange, but I now count my "problems" as blessings. I can't help but think of all the babies who are born early and really can't breathe. Our good friends Corey and Tahsha's daughter Raeanna was born early. They couldn't even hold her until she was 3 months. Now that takes strength. She is a normal happy healthy girl now, praise God.
Thursdays JT is off work. He usually goes and plays basketball after he gets stuff around the house done. This week, he called me at work around 4. I just knew when the phone rang that he hurt himself. He twisted his ankle pretty bad playing basketball which meant he couldn't pick up Zaya from daycare.
 |
| Poor JT :( |
He helps out dropping off and picking up on his day off :) He needed to stay off his feet all night which meant I had to cook dinner, give Isaiah a bath, unload and load the dishwasher, take care of the dogs, fold the laundry all over our bed etc...My day starts all over again at 5pm which is another adjustment to being a new parent. Instead of complaining, because I can't complain about those things, I thought of Robin Ward who is the sweetest lady. Robin is married to the great Scott (Scooter) Ward who has been in a wheelchair since he was 18 years old. I also often think of single moms because the days JT works late I feel like one. I have SO much respect for single moms. I am so lucky to have help raising our boy. JT is such a wonderful dad. When I see him taking care of Isaiah I fall in love with him all over again.
I recently saw this saying...it's worth sharing.
Remember to count each day as a blessing and never take your health or the health of your loved ones for granted. Through your "hurdles" breathe in then out and think of others who would love your life and your "problems."
I love you Ash! Keep your chin up. I've been on albuterola and prednison. They are rough medicines. Take care of all your babies! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog, your sweet boy is so cute! Sorry that he was having a hard time breathing and hope he gets better soon! :)
ReplyDelete