Sadly, being a stay at home mom isn't a reality for our family. We have to have two incomes to pay the bills. I was certain I wanted to be a stay at home mom until I was one for 11 weeks (maternity leave) I now know that part time is my dream! Now where the hell are my ruby slippers? I truly feel I am a better mom because I work. It is good for Isaiah to be away from us and around other kids. I cannot say enough great things about our daycare provider, Teri Gouge. We are so lucky to have found her. I have absolutely zero stress about leaving Isaiah in her hands. Teri and her husband Kim are simply wonderful!
| Zaya with Teri :) |
Around 2:00 each day the clock stops...I am SO ready to pick up and cuddle my babe. I can't even describe the joy I feel when I pick him up each night.
A friend of mine shared the below article "5 reasons your company needs more moms" which is 100% true I think. The author of this article gets it...I wish more employers did. http://www.inc.com/stacey-epstein/why-you-should-hire-more-moms.html
For now, I will continue to put my whole heart into my job with Kansas Athleitcs. I have a TON of passion for my Jayhawks and the success of all Jayhawk teams which helps. It also helps that I absolutely LOVE the people I work with. This month we got to take a half day away from our desks to help build a house for Habitat for Humanity. http://lawrencehabitat.org/ What a wonderful experience! I learned how to use a nail gun and a saw. Scary I know. Helping build a house for someone less fortunae was eye opening. It made me so greatful to get a paycheck and to have such a nice roof over my head. God is good!
| We worked on the roof |
| sexy tool belts :) |
Since work is my home away from home, I decided a little decor would make my office easier to come to. It didn't really work, but I do love a cheery office. :)
I did a little DIY project using: wrapping paper (cheap cheap after Christmas) Canvas, and some block letters from Hob Lob.
| LOVE how this turned out |
No comments:
Post a Comment