Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall Favs

First, some recent pictures of our most favorite thing about fall...our baby boy!
Such a big boy- loves to splash

These pictures are getting harder lol

So happy! 

Zaya and his best bud, Ahli

I am beyond excited that fall officially starts Saturday. Thought I would share a few of my fall favorites. (not in order)

1) FAMILY

Can't get enough of family... I am so thankful to have family close by. I would be so sad if Isaiah didn't get to see his extended family on a regular basis. It's a lot harder to see JT's side because we don't make it to Atchison much. I wish they could come to Lawrence more. Just the other day, I was telling JT how blessed we are to have received SO many diapers from our baby showers. Just as I was saying, "it's finally time to start buying diapers," my dad and Kim bought us a box of 172 Pampers diapers. It's hard to imagine how we would have bought diapers if we didn't receive so many. I thought I wanted my kids close in age...I still kind of do, but having 2 in diapers isn't feasible financially, so we're now thinking of waiting a bit. Also, I want to cherish just Isaiah for awhile. :)


Thanks again Dad and Kim we love our Pampers! 
My cousin Molly from Georgia, and her husband Ty, welcomed their first baby girl into the world yesterday. Mica is sooo perfect! Molly is my hero, she delivered the baby at home with no medications. After knowing what the birthing process is like, I think that is CRAZY, but I admire her at the same time :)

Mica- 7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches  (born on their 2nd wedding anniversary-how cool is that?)


2) FRIENDS

It's so great how God knows when you need a pick me up. Yesterday Isaiah received a package from April. April is one of the most creative and sweetest girl I've ever met. After a long day/start to the week, we got an adorable fall onesie. :) THANK YOU APRIL for making my our day! Can't wait to get him in this. 




You should check out April's blog. She's so talented! One of my favorite recent April projects can be found at the link below...and it was for bestie Meryl :)  http://createcookteach.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-cant-bake-but-i-can-make-cakes.html

Looking forward to AMA (Ashley, Meryl, Abbey) time this weekend. Isaiah and I are traveling to Wichita to visit Abbey and Meryl for some much needed girl/best friend time. I get to see Meryl and Jared's practice. Meryl and Jared, soon to be married :) opened their own business, after graduating from Cleveland Chiropractic College, called InMotion Spine, Muscle, Join Clinic, in Maize, KS. I am beyond proud of them both.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/InMotionSpineMuscleJoint

3) TIME ON THE DECK WITH JT & OUR FIRE PIT

This is going to make us sound old, but we enjoy sitting on our deck once Isaiah goes to sleep. It's nice to communicate while enjoying the outdoor cool crisp weather.

One day, we WILL own a screened in porch.


4) FALL SCENTED CANDLES

I've found the BEST cheap candles at my favorite store (Target) These candles are only $5 for the small jar and $10 for the larger jar. My sweet work friends Erin Penning and Nicole Corcoran both bought me the Red Velvet one and it was love at first sight smell.Guess my friends know what kind of cake I like :)

These candles are soy based and smell so delicious. I just purchased the "Autumn Harvest" one. It is yummy. Nothing is worse than buying a candle that smells good when you open the lid, but doesn't make your house smell good when you burn it. NOW my mom brain just needs to remember to blow them out.

http://www.target.com/p/red-velvet-cupcake-soy-blend-large-jar-candle/-/A-13683533

5) FALL DECORATIONS & MUMS

I love mums...If I could, I would buy them in every color for our front porch. I am looking for a bench for our front porch. Been stalking craigs list and garage sales, so friends...if you see any wicker like benches... holla at your girl.

6) THE PUMPKIN PATCH

Looking forward to taking Isaiah to his first pumpkin patch. Hoping to find a date soon to meet up with all of his girlfriends. (Harper, Vivi, Sloan, Scarlett, and Samantha) and of course the rest of the gang. 

7) FALL TV SHOWS

The new Modern Family starts one week from tonight!! Sept. 26th Season 4 will begin. JT and I love this show. It's funny how much Jay reminds me of my dad. Sneak peak at the first episode can be seen below, if you're interested. I can't pick a favorite character...Like them all.
http://abc.go.com/watch/clip/modern-family/SH011581240000/PL5520993/VD55204961/phils-prom-night/moments

I know... I am so high school, but I still like 90210 and we still watch MTV's "The Challenge" Both of which will start soon.

Tonight is the finale of Big Brother. This is another one of our shows. Hoping that Dan or Ian will win. I know Dan has already won, but it's because he's good and he deserves it. Ian is just so cute and dorky, I wouldn't mind seeing him win it all.

8) SCARF, BOOT & BAG SEASON

Really loving plaids right now and heather gray with pastels. I just got Isaiah the most adorable plaid shirt for our family pictures on October 7th with Casey Wright (check out her new website...there is a pretty perfect newborn (Isaiah) on her main page ) http://www.caseywrightphotography.com/ Sorry JT...Yes I will sometimes dress my son "like a white boy" :) My "bag" now days is mostly a diaper bag. I throw some lip gloss, my phone, keys and wallet in there. I need to find a new diaper bag that is tan. My current one is black, and I am not huge on black in the fall.








9) FALL RUNNING

I am more motivated to get out and go run during the fall. I still need to master taking Boston and Ahli with Isaiah and I. Baby steps...right?

10) LAWRENCE!!!

I love the city I live in 365 days a year (well...maybe not move in weekend for all the college kids) but I especially love Lawrence and the Lawrence Farmers Market in the fall. Looking forward to spending some money locally on fresh produce and pretty flowers this fall.


Far above the golden valley :)

1 comment:

  1. I <3 the fall and everything pumpkin!

    Isaiah is getting soo big. He's such a cutie :]

    And I'm jealous I don't get to experience Lawrence everyday anymore! :(

    ReplyDelete