Saturday, September 1, 2012

Met a Jayhawk, Married a Jayhawk, Had a Jayhawk

Sorry son, you really have no choice. You are a baby Jay! Today is our first football game. While we really need the rain, not today it is gameday! Since I know God is a Jayhawk, maybe it will cease before fans begin tailgating :)

Gameday KU vs. South Dakota State
New favorite picture- that's dads real helmet from his playing days

At Isaiah's 6 month appt. he weighed 18.5 lbs (65%) - even though he feels/looks bigger and 26 inches (25%) oh no...hope he doesn't get mommas short genes :) I tease JT all the time and tell him, I am going to buy him a megaphone for his first birthday. He is days away from turning 7 months. I am already planning his 1st birthday. Time needs to SLOW down. JT and I both worked (after today) close to 60 hours this week. I have been getting to work early, working through lunch and working more from home at night. While I LOVE my Jayhawks and being a part of the gameday planning, I am EXHAUSTED and miss my family.

Sleeping in the waiting room before 6 mo. shots :(


Such a BIG boy :)


I told JT last night, I want a few new "rules" in our house.

  • Phones need to go upstairs on the charger when we get home at night. 
  • No Facebook, Pinterest etc...until after Isaiah goes to bed. 

I want to simplify my life and be sure our priorities are in order. I often feel guilty for making time for social media, but "not having time or being too tired" to read my Bible or exercise. There is no excuse and it has to stop! Since I have a work phone, I am constantly answering e-mais on my own time. WHY? I've said this before but I'll say it again, I work to live, I don't live to work.

"Grammy" (my mom) is going to help keep Isaiah on gamedays since we both basically work the same events. We don't have the money for a babysitter and it's nice Isaiah can get to know his grandma. Thanks mom, you're a lifesaver! We are so thankful for you! Zaya will stay the night with her tonight, going to miss him SOO much! We will head out of town tomorrow and Monday to see some family. JT's mom's side on Sunday. My moms side on Monday. YAY for being off for Labor Day. Lord knows we've "Labored"

Here are SOME of our Jayhawk Baby pictures. I know...I am out of control.

Jayhawk since day 1 :)


Lil peanut Jayhawk

During NCAA Tourney 2012


Not too sure of Big Jay




1 comment:

  1. Zaya is getting so big! I love him! Can't wait to see him again and you of course! You are totally right about limiting the social media and phones after work. Jade and I have started some new work projects... yay for me for working and making that cheddar again... but I'm constantly on my iPhone. It's really annoying for OUR time. I'm trying to keep a balance. MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete