Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wichita Weekend

I took Friday off work so Isaiah and I could go to Wichita to visit Abbey and Meryl. I woke up Friday morning feeling sick to my stomach. I thought it was due to nerves because I was dreading the drive there alone. Not sure why, but I have anxiety driving alone to places I've never been before. Turns out driving to Wichita is super easy, it was basically one highway. I felt a little better after I arrived. I beat Meryl to her house, so Isaiah and I took a stroll around the neighborhood.
Such a big boy in his stroller
 Later that night my stomach ache came back which put a damper on my wine drinking. BOO! It was so fun hanging out with Abbey and Meryl. We went on a walk and to dinner. Eating and exercising...still two of all of our favorite things. It was in college too! Thanks to Jared for babysitting :)

Meryl and Abbs with Isaiah before dinner
 Because I was throwing up and had chills all night long, I decided to get on the road early Sat. am. Also, JT had to work the high school track meet at Rim Rock Farm super early. I also needed to get home fairly early so the dogs could go out.

Meryl and I woke up early (probably thanks to Isaiah). I had only 3 hours of off and on sleep, not fun before a drive home. We went and got bagels and then headed to her clinic in Maize. It was SOO cute. I wish I would have taken my camera to take pictures of it. I am such a proud friend.

I text JT to tell him, we were headed home. His reply back was to tell me, "don't mind the mess in the garage, I'll have it cleaned up by Sunday." I was super curious as to what he did, because he already organized our garage. I've told him a couple of times, how someday I want a kitchen with white cabinets. I pulled up to the house opened the garage to the above picture. WHAT a fun surprise! JT spent his night on Friday painting; then had to wake up early Saturday to work a long day. He works SO hard! I am so excited about our kitchen makeover.

Here is a before of our kitchen. This was before we moved our things in...

Going to LOVE the white! Eventually we'll get new counter tops and possibly some back splash.

Today, it's so beautiful out. I still don't feel great, so trying to relax. Well, I guess laundry isn't that relaxing, but it's piled up and has to get done sometime.

Sitting up like a big boy at Target- 9/20/12

Nap time with mom late Saturday afternoon



Sunday morning nap in mom and dads bed

Helping mom with laundry

This kid gets NO attention...

No comments:

Post a Comment