This past weekend was an AMA (Abbey, Meryl, Ashley) reunion. Meryl got hitched...I am so glad she has joined the "club." It was so great to get to spend quality time with my college besties.
The weekend started on Thursday with pedicures and manicures with Meryl, Mary, Melissa, Aubree and I. We missed you Abbs! Friday's rehearsal dinner went great! We didn't do a rehearsal for the rain scenario. Her wedding was scheduled to be outdoors at her friends Carrie's house. It was Meryl's dream to have an outdoor wedding. Her dad even built a special alter that was AMAZING! I was super bummed that JT had to work all weekend. It was the busiest weekend of the year for KU Athletics. Late Night was Friday and we had a home game vs. OSU on Saturday.
Saturday arrived and so did the rain. I could relate to how Mer was feeling (a little bit) as it rained on my wedding day. If I had a dollar for everyone that said "rain is good luck" I wouldn't be using my credit card for gas half way through the month :) I too felt like my picture ideas were ruined and they kind of were. Despite the weather us girls all got ready together and sipped on mimosas which made the sting hurt a little less ;) A little after lunchtime, the decision was made to move the wedding to plan B which was to hold it at the reception site (Lake of the Forest in Bonner, Springs) WOW that place is amazing! Meryl, her mom, and all others involved did such a fantastic job with the ambiance.
An hour before the wedding, us bridesmaids made the executive decision to have it on the covered porch of the clubhouse. This way it was still "outside." The entire wedding party plus some pulled chairs outside and made an aisle, family section etc...We set up where the musician would play and where they would stand. I was in my element :) Thanks Abbey and Melissa...I am so glad we pulled together and made that call for Meryl. Thanks for trusting us Meryl. Poor Mary (MOB) was already exhausted from everything she just went along with it. Mary is the best!!
A little past 5:30 the wedding started. And so did the water works. I was so happy I cried (during practically the whole ceremony) Mer was breathtaking and was so cute walking down the aisle. We all had such an amazing time and ended up getting some great pictures outside. The rain ceased 15 minutes before the wedding started. The lighting was actually perfect for pictures. I can't wait to see them. A sneak peek of some pictures can be seen by clicking the link below. SO CUTE!!
http://picgreenphoto.blogspot.com/2012/10/meryl-jared-rain-or-shine.html
Here are some that I took of the weekend.
 |
| Lake of the Forest |
 |
| Clubhouse- See the long covered porch... It was perfect! |
 |
| This pic doesn't do it justice-- this was day time |
 |
| cute mantle |
 |
| Loved all the light boxes... |
 |
| Abbey and I at rehearsal dinner |
 |
| Look at that alter built by Dan the man Miller |
 |
| Aw so cute! |
 |
| Mer and her bridesmaids |
 |
| Jared and the best man- Bishop |
 |
| Mer with sister Aubree |
 |
| YIKES! |
 |
| Abbey and I |
 |
| SO PRETTY! |
 |
| JT made it late to the reception...so glad he came :) |
 |
| Mer's brunch on Sunday |
 |
| AMA |
Zaya spent his first overnight at Papa and Nana Kim's. We needed a sitter. I wasn't going to be "that lady" that had a screaming baby at a wedding. He had so much fun! I loved that they sent me pictures of him frequently...He always had the biggest grin on his face. JT and I picked him up Sunday morning (It was my dad's b day) we hung out for a bit then headed to Meryl and Jared's brunch. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful family that are around to be a part of Isaiah's life. He's one lucky boy!
 |
| Pa Pa and Zaya on Papa's b day- 10/14/2012 |
 |
| That face... |
 |
| First time he's fallen asleep like this. Jealous it wasn't me that happened to. |
The weekend was supposed to end with a Sunday trip to the pumpkin patch after the brunch. The group decided to do pumpkin painting inside because it was so wet out. I was TOO tired/wasn't feeling well. I knew I needed to just go home and rest up. Monday came too soon!! Isaiah is getting sick too. We need to rest this week and hopefully go to the pumpkin patch on Saturday.
Have a great week friends. xo!
No comments:
Post a Comment