Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Yay new Kitchen!


JT is the BEST! He knew how much I wanted a white cabinet kitchen "someday" so he surprised me by starting a painting project while I was in Wichita one weekend. It was my early Birthday present.


Before we moved in. Note sink, wall color and the light fixture above the sink. 
Since white wainscoting is sooo pretty, I knew it was going to turn out fabulous. I CAN'T wait to someday (hopefully soon) get our counter tops done. The old ones definitely don't go with the white counter tops. 

It was a process...
 JT first had to prime the cabinets. He used a sponge roller and Glidden Gripper paint from Home Depot. http://www.glidden.com/products/gripper-primer-white.do. After the primer it needed 2-3 coats of paint. It was definitely a job "that was a lot harder than it looked"

Old light fixture

Almost finished

Cute new light fixture, curtain and new sink
He did the new sink awhile back. 
Today I got to take the day off... (At our work we get our Birthday off) Since it's a "free" day, I had to take advantage. My day started with a coffee, a card and breakfast from JT. He cooked omelets and hash browns. Then...I got to hang with Isaiah all day and I was in heaven! The weather was awesome. We got to go to the park. Nothing is better than the sound of him laughing. Today is also his birthday kind of...he is 8 months old today and cutting two teeth on the bottom. He is such a good baby, we are so fortunate. 



Coming home from Michaels I was going 32 in a 20 school zone. What the heck was I thinking? I didn't even realize school had just got out. Usually the speed limit is 30. The officer wasn't in his car long before he came back to my window. On his way back to my window, I told him I am 29 which is already depressing. He laughed and said, maam' I've been doing this for 15 years..."I just can't get myself to give people a ticket on their birthday....slow down" I was about to cry in my car. What a relief. Seriously though, that would have sucked. Thanks officer Mark forgot his last name.

Getting ready to leave for dinner with my Dad, Kim, JT and Zaya at Tres. Can't beat .99 tacos. Excited to see them...I feel so lucky to have family close by. Last weekend we celebrated my birthday with my mom,Steve, Jerry and Jolene. My mom bought me party hats...I am sorry JT. This is something I have to remember. I made him put this on for me. She said you have to teach Isaiah about Happy Birthday and blowing out candles so he knows what to do for his first birthday. She is right... :) 




Uncle Jerry and Grammy
Zaya after time at Grammys. Yikes he's moving so fast. He started out on his blanket. 

Thanks to everyone for the sweet texts, posts, emails, cards, flowers, candles etc...I am beyond blessed with the best family, friends, husband and baby. You all made me feel very special, thank you! Have a great rest of the week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment