Sunday, January 20, 2013

Safety First

Loving the weekend so far...Great day yesterday with my boys and the Jayhawks got a win!

01.19.2013
Isaiah is on the move. He is practicing "his 40" Now that he is truly mobile we have been in the process of baby safety proofing the house. I wanted to make a list of all the things I've done in case it will help someone else.


  1. Install baby gates for the stairs
  2. Insert baby plugs in all electrical outlets
  3. Put the cords to the blinds out of reach
  4. Use furniture straps to secure furniture, bookshelves etc. *see bottom
  5. Remove the ends to the door stops (I quickly learned those pop off and resemble yogurt bites) YIKES! 
  6. Locks on cabinets that contain things that could harm
  7. Hide electrical cords
  8. Keep bathroom doors shut
  9. Keep toilet lids down and with a lock
  10. Mat for in and around bathtub
After talking with our daycare provider, Teri, I came home and googled Charlie's House. Charlie was the name of a little boy that died because a 30" dresser fell on him as he was trying to climb it. After browsing the website I cried for the family and I got inspired to do everything I could to keep Isaiah safe. I know he is going to fall, break bones, cut himself, etc...I just also know that there are things you can do to help possibly prevent horrible accidents. 
Visit Charlieshouse.org below to learn about things you can do. They have a complete checklist for you! 


A look at our little mover. It's fun chasing him all over and playing ball with him. Such a sweet good boy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment