Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day & Desserts

I've known for over 7 years that I love JT. What I didn't know was how much my love for him would grow after we had Isaiah. Seeing him as a dad is absolutely the most rewarding thing on earth. He is SUCH a good dad. He's patient, likes to play, does nurturing, and teaches him right from wrong. Above all...he is a good example by treating me and others with respect and love. If Isaiah is half the man JT is...I'll be one happy momma.

JT- you are definitely our rock! We love and appreciate you more than we could ever say or show. Thank you for helping me raise our stud, I'd be lost without you. We are honored you are ours!




Twins


I have no words...


Cute father son video :) Ignore my annoying voice.



Got to spend some time with my dad on Friday night. I also found a whole new respect for my dad after the birth of Isaiah. My dad is the best papa! Isaiah loves hanging out with papa. Dad- I now know how much you sacrificed for me and Jerry. Being a parent is hard work. Thank you for always supporting and teaching us. I've learned so much from you and want you to know how much we love and appreciate you in our lives.



I've been wanting to try a few Pinterest desserts lately so figured Father's Day weekend was a perfect time. This week I made:

Here are some baking things I learned/did while making these three desserts
1. How to grate a lemon peel (do not get any of the white...it tastes bitter) Yes I had to google "how to grate a lemon peel" lol
2. I finally like/prefer dark chocolate over milk (Yay...it's "healthy" right?)
3. When using whole wheat flour don't use as much as much as the recipe calls for if it says "flour" or all purpose flour" see this website for details if interested
http://www.bhg.com/advice/food/baking/can-i-substitute-whole-wheat-flour-for-all-purpose-flour-when-baking/
4. Always check for ways to make things "more healthy"

Happy Father's Day JT and Rodg! I love you both so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment