Better late than never but wanted to share a few notes about our Memorial Day weekend...It was the first weekend in a VERY long time that both JT and I had the full weekend off. Plus I had Monday off for Memorial Day. I was absolutely in heaven! Spent lots of quality time with the family and got a ton done in baby girls room. Some have asked about a name...We have one, we're just waiting until her birthday to announce it! I like to be annoying like that :) Hopefully I don't slip up and say it because we do call her by and pray for her by name at home.
We got to pick up our good friends Lacie and Darrell from the airport on Friday night. It was SOOO good to see them and meet Jayton James. Isaiah LOVED Jayton, it was so cute watching him try to give him kisses over and over again. We miss you Cali friends, can't wait for the day we live in the same town again.
 |
| Isaiah 15 months - Jayton 3 months |
Saturday we spent time with my dad, Kim, her boys and their girls...It was a last minute impromptu grill night and it was so fun! The entire day I thought about David McMillan and all the friends that were laying him to rest. David was my college boyfriends best friend. He played football for KU and was a gentle giant. He was killed after being shot in the chest during a robbery :( He was giving a stranger a ride home from the bar and the stranger tried to rob him. When David fought back, he was shot. SO HEARTBREAKING! I was sad to not be at the service, but I couldn't make the trip to Georgia for it. Was there in spirit 100%. Thanks to one of my best guy friends Zach for sending me pictures.
 |
| Ahli got to go to Papa's too! |
 |
| Capturing the curls :) |
 |
| Zay with his buddy Cadence |
 |
| :( Too young, too nice |
 |
| D Mac...you'll be missed |
Sunday we went to Horton to visit with JT's moms side. Fun to see everyone we don't see JT's side very often.
 |
| Sorry Zay...it will be awhile before mom lets you on one for real |
 |
| Grandma Tracie's grandbabies...She gets one more in Oct. :) |
In between all that, I got a dresser painted and did some decorating. I'll wait to post pics on the nursery until it's all the way done. I was shocked to see that the original knobs were marked .10 cents. CRAZY! I had left over knobs from another dresser we did which worked out perfect for my vision. Teri, our daycare provider, was going to sell this dresser in a garage sale. I think we paid her $20 for it. Plus $10 for the paint.
 |
| Before |
 |
| Old Knob |
 |
| After |
 |
| Tried the "vintage" wear look...It looks better in person |
This past week was a doozie. Isaiah was pretty sick with a fever. After taking him to the doc to rule out an ear infection, we had to just ride out the virus. What is horrible is how much of a wreck I can be when he has a fever. The Lord was with us and he didn't have any seizures. Thanks for putting up with my mom nerves JT. I know I drive you crazy at times. :)
having mommy nerves only means you care! You are a great mama. Love seeing pictures of your little man and those curls! The dresser you re finished looks amazing, can't wait to see pictures of the nursery once it's done! You're doing a great job mama keep it up!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete