Saturday, July 2, 2011

You Glow Girl!

Friday, March 4, 2011 one of my happiest days to date. Married the man of my dreams. I thank God for my life and husband everyday!

I remember sitting in my interview with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2007. I was asked the question, where I saw myself in 5 years. I so badly wanted to be honest and answer this question... "My dream job is to be a mom" But instead I gave some bs politically correct answer related to sales as that would be the position I would eventually land.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 easily the next happiest day of mine thus far. After feeling sluggish and not myself for about a week I decided I would take a pregnancy test...

Dream come true, there was not one line, there were TWO.

In total disbelief I eventually took 5 tests between June 7th and 9th, after the 5th one I knew it was for real and I knew I could break the news to JT. We decided in May that we would start to try since it could take a while.  We had no idea it would happen so fast, but after all the Lord knew the desire of my heart. Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

At first, we were not going to tell a lot of people. Obviously by this blog post, things have changed.  Sadly miscarriage is so prevalent now days, which makes the first trimester kind of a risky period. Truth is 1) I trust God and trust that he'll always decide what's best for us 2) I am just to excited to hold it in any longer and 3) I was a college cheerleader I have a fear of getting fat and want people to know I am getting fat for a good reason.

I told JT by writing him and note and wrapping up the actual pregnancy test. I put the test in a Kohls jewelry box which fittingly said on the outside of the box the Kohls motto "Expect great things."




We couldn't be happier and we're thankful for all our family and friends and their support and prayers. I love the words on a frame from my dad and Kim given to us for our wedding and these words are to you JT.

"Grow old with me, the best is yet to be"
-Robert Browning

Thanks babe for good swimmers, your love and support :) Can't wait for this journey with you!

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable way to break the news--CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How do you feel? What is your due date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you both! Being a mother is the most rewarding job on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahah your #3 - i die i die. you're going to be adorable! congratulations, ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Ashley and JT! You will make great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Congrats! I am so behind on my blog reading, and cant believe I missed this! Yayayayayay, so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete