Thursday, January 26, 2012

Term and Time

We are 37 weeks on Saturday at which point I am considered to be "full TERM." I can't believe it! I was sure at 31 weeks I would go any day.  Amazing how the power of prayer works! According to Babycenter.com, Isaiah is about 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. I am beyond curious what/who he looks like. Will he be dark, light, will he have hair no hair... Will he look like baby Hank (Kendra and Hank's son?) 



37 weeks 
Is it weird I sit in the empty nursery rocking chair imagining what it will be like to hold him? All of his clothes are washed and put away. I can't believe how much laundry we are about to have. I soon will have 5 different laundry loads.


1. Whites
2. Darks
3. Towels
4. JT's gym clothes (yes these get washed alone)
5. Isaiah's clothes (since he needs $ensitive soap)


We learned at our appt today that I was negative for Group B strep (GBS). :) GBS is a kind of bacteria that many people harbor in their intestinal tracts. The bacteria, if present, can be passed on to your baby during labor and birth and cause serious infections in babies. Just another thing I can cross of my list not to worry about. Yay! 

I also learned I am a few pounds away from surpassing the weight I said I would never be at (even when I was pregnant) Kind of hard to watch the scale keep climbing, but I am happy we are growing! JT says the steak dinners will get him to be 6 foot. We’ll see about that…

I am getting pretty nervous about labor, delivery and the TIME afterwards.

Family and friends…please don’t take this personal; I am speaking from my heart. 
My main concern will be getting Isaiah home and settled, into a breast feeding and sleep routine, and allowing him some quiet time with just Justin and I. Not to mention we’re going to have 2 very curious/jealous dogs. I think birth is more traumatic for babies than mothers. At least we know what to expect, it has to be a big shock to the little one. I am thinking we’ll want about a week before we have visitors. Maybe I should remove my “welcome” mat that sits outside the front door? Lol just kidding (kind of) Just call before you come over…I’ll let you know if the timing is good J

Everybody has been so great and supportive; hopefully everyone understands where I am coming from. Many of my friends gave this advice to me, so I know I am not alone in feeling this way. I just never want to hurt people’s feelings, but my whole life I’ve been pretty unselfish and have always attempted to put others first, I think this one time, I will put my feelings first. We will keep you posted and WE LOVE YOU!

Thought I would post this video of Boston and Ahli. Really hope they adjust to Isaiah ok. They've been our kids for so long. I'd like to think it won't change too much for them, but I know it will a little. I couldn’t figure out how to rotate part 2…sorry.







2 comments:

  1. Hooray for being full term! And I use All Free and Clear (well, the Target brand) so I can wash all of our clothes together! Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video! And I'm glad things have worked out so well for you. I think you are absolutely the CUTEST preggers I've ever seen. And don't worry about a couple extra pounds. Breastfeeding will take that off in no time. You'll have to eat extra just to stay the size you want to be! (Wish I had done it!)

    ReplyDelete