Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Room

NEW Year, NEW opportunities, NEW Dreams, reNEWed Purpose---wishing this for us and our family and friends in 2012 and always.

Closing out our 2011 chapter...What a wonderful year we had.


Few highlights from 2011
  • March- We DO and will love each other forever. Married my best friend. Couldn't imagine my life without JT
  • April- JT started his job with Dale Willey as a Sales & Leasing Consultant- Need a new car? Visit him :)
  • June 7th- Best news of my life... Found out we're having a baby! 
  • October-Our boxer survived major surgery. Thank God everyday that she is still with us. I learned so much from this experience. 



I've had so much fun getting Isaiah's nursery ready. Can't wait to meet our lil man. Below are a few of the "before" pictures. 

Train up a child the way he should go....

Closet dividers before

Wooden blocks from Hobby Lobby


This dresser was lavender 

FREE glider...thanks Mom!

Cardboard letters from Hobby Lobby (.99 each) on sale

Original light fixture

Room pre paint
Some shots from the finished product.
Dresser liner (scrapbook paper)

WONDERFUL gift from my friend Annie...Love it!

IKEA Spice Racks


Removed light fixture and hung this

Same glider recovered and with a fb blanket from Grandma Suz

Ahli and the fab Houndstooth rug I found 


Closet dividers (Thanks Pinterest)



New knobs for the dresser

Hand painted piggy bank from my friend Jean Thoma. LOVE IT! Rock Chalk!

Isaiah 40:31- which is where his name comes from :)

Train painted and that weight is a rattle... so cute, thanks Kel! 

Thanks Pinterest!




Notes:
  • This dresser was used by both my brother and I when we were young :) It was lavender to start with. We used leftover paint from our room and I LOVE how it turned out. 
  • I wanted to use the Ikea Spice Racks really bad for a few books. Saw the idea on someones blog and fell in love. My sweet friend Lacie went and got them and sent them to me because you can't buy them online. They were only $3.99 each. Had to paint them white...really like how they look. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40070185/
  • The rug is HUGE and it only cost $99 (including shipping) from rugs.com. I got a major deal with promo codes and free shipping. 
  • I WILL NOT have the bumper or blanket anywhere near Isaiah once he finally goes into the crib. Read the below article if you have a bumper or are considering one for your baby. http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/18/health/no-bumpers-cribs-sids-parenting/index.html
  • Major props to JT for installing the ceiling fan. I read several times in several different articles that ceiling fans reduce the risk of SIDS. Here is one article http://news.injuryboard.com/sids-deaths-reduced-with-ceiling-fan.aspx?googleid=248968
  • The shapes above the lamp will eventually have pictures of Isaiah on them after we get his newborn ones taken by my friend, Casey who recently started her photography business. I have so many talented friends doing photography these days. Trying to spread the love for all of them. :) Check out Casey's website http://www.caseywrightphotography.com/
  • I only paid $2.14 for the fabric to cover the glider but it cost $60 for the labor to cover it. Wish I could sew. 
  • So happy to get so many books...can't wait to read to our boy. 

Back to watching football... This was the first year I did Fantasy Football and as of now...I will WIN :) 











1 comment:

  1. Awe! Thanks for the shout out! :) You are so cute and I love the room decorations - super cute!

    ReplyDelete