Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Homemaking Bliss

I am so excited to check two things off my never ending "to do" list.

To Do #1- Get a programmable thermostat


We just got the Westar Energy Wattsaver installed which was a completely free programmable thermostat (yay for saving money) If you have Westar you should read about it. check it out here..
http://www.westarenergy.com/wcm.nsf/content/wattsaver

I LOVE Free :)



















To Do # 2- Plant some bushes

We went to Home Depot to exchange our mower and decided to get some bushes to plant. Neither of us had ever shopped for or planted any kind of bushes so this process was kind of funny. After doing some research on how tall and wide bushes grow we decided to go with three Spring Bloomer Shrubs.

This was a "group" effort. We did decide on the shrub together, but JT did most of the digging. I was basically the cheerleader and water girl. :)

Boss and Ahli wanted to help so bad. Stood by the window the whole time. lol





Planting is really not that complicated. We were happy you can plant a shrub in 5 easy steps...

1. Dig a hole twice as wide and deep as the pot.
2. Remove root ball and place in a hole so that the top is even with the ground surface.
3. Refill with half soil amendment and half native soil, water thoroughly.
4. Fertilize upon planting
5. Finish with 3' layer of mulch.

Here is BEFORE
See how naked our house was?

This is AFTER. They will look awesome when the bloom.






This is after they bloom...Can't wait.


Thanks JT for your help. You're good at everything you do. Love you!!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! I wish we would have planted bushes years ago, but we just did it last year. They are so much easier than flowers, and just as pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! I think landscaping might be a summer of 2012 project for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the info on the Westar thermostat! We are always trying to find things to upgrade the quality of our house. It is getting to old for me.

    ReplyDelete