Saturday, April 2, 2011

Not lucky...blessed!

Heb. 11:1 says "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

Last Sunday at church I picked up a brochure about ATK (Advancing The Kingdom) Ministry. A sweet couple from our church left "the american way" and moved to Uganda to help the orphans and spread God's word and love. If you're interested, you can read more here http://advancingthekingdom.org/atk-ministry-overview/  I immediately had eyes full of tears for the children in the brochure. The brochure was about sponsoring a child. My heart broke not only for the kids, but it broke because I don't have a lot of money to spare these days.

Come Wednesday I decided to send a check to help sponsor "Gasta" from Uganda. Sometimes (well all the time) you have to live by faith and trust that God will take care of you if you give him your time, love and the glory for all your blessings.

In today's mail I got a picture of Gasta wearing his Kansas 2008 NCAA National Championship t-shirt. IT MADE MY DAY! Please pray for the orphans and widow's of Uganda and for Dr. Cliff and Julie for their work there.
9 year old Gasta & Dennis of Uganda

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and love you! Did you send him those shirts?!

    ReplyDelete