Sunday, April 17, 2011

What to expect before you're expecting

What to expect before you're expecting...Lot's of wine. lol




Yes I am reading this book. Looking so forward to the future. It's Sunday night...a glass of wine is more than necessary. 

Thanks for the wine mom :)


AM: Just feeling so blessed today to have such good friends in my life and a good church to go to Sunday mornings. Had lunch with my friend Lacie today who just married JT's friend and former teammate Darrell Stuckey. It is so awesome having friends who sharpen iron. Then I went to the KU Softball game and got to catch up with my friend from work Molly. 


Dining Room


Got home from the game swept and mopped the floors and did laundry. It's been so fun putting our home together. Love the smell of fresh hard wood floors. 

*I use old school lemon fresh pine sol and do half solution half boiling hot water then put it in my cedar mop mist. It sprays and then wipes with a microfiber cloth. Much cheaper than a steam mop and it makes the house seem so clean.



This Cedar mop was less than $20 at Wal Mart



PM: Ran by Home Depot to get some tick repplant for the
backyard.  Since we back up to woods we've noticed a tick
or two on the dogs....Um not cool! I also read an article in Self Magazine about safeguarding your back yard against ticks. 


A couple things I took away
1. Make a 3 foot wide barrier of wood chips, mulch or gravel between woods and lawn. 89% of ticks lurk in the woods and woods line. This will help isolate them. 
2. Keep grass short and free of leaf piles. Ticks love shade and are found less often on sunny well-kept laws.
3.Mice (which carry ticks...um gross) like to build their homes in firewood piles so position yours away from the yard if possible.
4. If you have a bird feeder set it away from the center of the yard. Birds can host ticks, and mice and deer munch on fallen seeds. 
5. Ask a nursery to help you find deer resistant flowers.


Went on a run late in the afternoon with my friend Brooke. I am loving spring weather. Thanks Brooke for pushing me :) I had fun!


Now home, relaxing with wine in hand while JT makes dinner. He is such a good cook. Lucky me! Loving the married life and still getting the chance to see good friends. Great weekend God is Good! Just sad I couldn't make my old roommates wedding. Congrats Sarah. If you're reading this sorry you'll always be Pikul to me. Love you, you were stunning!















2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know that book existed! I hope you're finding it enlightening and interesting. Good info about the ticks, I'll keep that in mind if we ever move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Can't wait for a little baby Thornton!

    ReplyDelete