Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dedication--A blessing and a curse

"Off" work today and tomorrow...Sometimes a girl just needs a day away. For me there is no such thing and I blame nobody but myself. Decided since I nearly work everyday this month, I needed to take a few days for sanity.  Sometimes it's difficult to find the work/life balance. Can't imagine how hard it will be when children are added to the equation. Can't worry about that now, I'll give it to God.

I consider myself to have a great work ethic as well as dedication to anything I involve myself in. The sad part is...I can't turn my brain off. EVER! On my day "off" I went into work in the am, came home and have been working on work from my home computer and working in my house. It stresses me out to sit back and let my inbox fill up. Why can't I just let it go and let it wait? If any of you reading this have any advice, feel free to send it my way.

On another note, JT's first official day to sell cars is today. I am so proud of him and can't wait to watch him succeed.  On the nights he works until 8, I will cook dinner. (pray for him) I can bake, but cooking is another story. My idea of cooking is grilled sandwiches and of course mac and cheese. Tuesday was JT's first day of working his first 8am-8pm shift at the dealership. He comes home to me making spaghetti (one of my other ideas of cooking). He walked in the door looking handsome with his dress clothes on and his briefcase. Also in one hand was a 12 pack of Coors Light bottles and in the other was an opened bottle that just couldn't wait until he got home. My reaction was "my man" :)
sorry babe I had to :)

4 comments:

  1. Excuse my grammar and poorly written sentences. I write like I talk which is usually incorrect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get the hang of cooking! Just follow some easy recipes to start, and you'll be making beef bourginion before you know it. :)

    I make a few really good and easy things. If you click on the "recipes" tag in the cloud on the right side of my blog, you can find them. The recipe for country style ribs is REALLY simple and delicious. In fact, I'll save you a step and link you the blog post with that recipe: http://yearthirtyone.blogspot.com/2009/08/perfect-day.html

    Good luck, and slow down if you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya on not being able to relax Ash!! I'm the same way! It's very hard to let yourself relax and not feel guilty when you have stuff you could be doing and you're trying to just sit around! BUT...you have to force yourself to do it...otherwise you'll go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and JT are such a cute little family! You guys make me smile :D
    I just read the past couple weeks of your posts.
    Praying for JT's new job and praying for the man on the motorcycle.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete