Memorial Day is not about war. It’s about people. It’s about those dedicated individuals, most of them young, who died serving their country and their fellow Americans. It is our duty to never forget them, to keep them in our hearts and in our actions. I get to hear the National Anthem quite a bit as it is played before every game of every sport at KU. Every time I hear it, I make a conscious effort to pray for our men and women who are serving and those who have served. I challenge you to do the same. I admire their braveness, their pride for this great country...I admire them for many reasons. To the few I know currently serving: JD, Shawn, Corey, Chris and Rusty, if you're reading this...Thank you, you're awesome and we are proud of all you've accomplished.
Love this song...listened to it today and it moved me, but it always moves me. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wK0T4pVHP28#at=10
This is the first full weekend in a while that I have had off work. Weekend so far- I've spent time with two of my best friends, Meryl and Carolyn. If you haven't seen the movie Bridesmaids...go it's freaking hilarious.
Last night my brother Jerry, his new girl Brandy, Steve and my mom came over for dinner. JT cooked an amazing meal and we had such a good time. I just love spending time with the people I love. Today, it's grown folk stuff. JT is currently power washing the deck and later when it dries, we'll stain it. Pictures of the before and after to come... Tomorrow I get to have lunch with Andrea and her girls at the park. Can't wait for that! Hope everyone has a great day! Stop and take a moment to think about those who have died while serving, and pray that God protects those who are currently serving.
Cheers,
Ashley


Thanks for this post. Even though my brother-in-law and cousin have been in Afghanistan, I still miss paying our armed forces the respect and honor they deserve. I will try to make a conscious effort each time I hear the National Anthem now :) PS- we loved playing w/ you at the park! Glad the weather worked out :) XOXO!
ReplyDelete