JT got called in to work the T Bones game after his already long day at Dale Willey. He was driving there, which had me all nervous. Sometimes you just have to give your fears to God.
This morning I sat in my living room with my cup of coffee watching the news. I couldn't even believe the devastation of the tornado that hit Joplin, MO. Last month, I remember posting a Facebook status about liking tornado season. After seeing what a tornado did to Alabama a few weeks back and now to Joplin, I've decided I don't like tornado season anymore, it SUCKS! I am so thankful today and counting my every blessing that no tornado's have hit Lawrence or any city that my family and friends live in. I will forever now take tornado warnings and sirens seriously.
![]() |
| Aftermath of the massive tornado that struck Joplin, MO 5/22/11 |
An excerpt from an ABC news online article...
At least 116 people have been reported dead in Joplin. Authorities say 25 percent to 30 percent of the city has been damaged by the tornado, which was reportedly one mile wide, with winds of nearly 200 mph.
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon declared a state of emergency Sunday evening and activated the National Guard. Find out below how to help this city, 160 miles south of Kansas City.
To donate $10, text the word "TORNADO" to 20222 or call 888-56-CHILD.
For more ways to donate and to read the full article click the link below.


So sad. We're still in "disaster mode" at work. I've been on-call since yesterday. Continuing to pray for all those affected, and that they keep finding people that are alive. Praying that the Lord "heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds" (Ps. 147:3)
ReplyDeleteI have similar feelings. Tornado season has always been my favorite time of year--I love the excitement and electricity in the air when the sirens go off, and I'd even love to take a storm chasing vacation one day.
ReplyDeleteI have a hard time understanding why people ignore tornado sirens, though. We were at a graduation party on Sunday and the sirens went off, and nobody blinked an eye! Hopefully that will change now that such a horrible tragedy has happened so close to home. Those sirens are serious!