You are my sunshine my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.
I love that song so much it reminds me of momma. Today and every day, I want her to know how much I look up to her, appreciate her, and LOVE her!
She is...
Extremely thoughtful, strong, understanding, sensitive, intelligent, empathetic, nurturing, creative, forgiving, generous, patient, totally unselfish, giving. The list could go on and on.
If my mom had $5 to her name she would give you $6. "It is better to give than to receive."
I am so thankful for all she's taught me. She's not just mom, she's best friend. My mom has always had my back. She tells me she's proud of me all the time which some days keeps me going. I can't wait to teach my kids all the things she's taught me. She's so beautiful inside and out. I am so lucky she's mine :)
 |
| Momma, Grandma Judy and I - Feb. 2011 |
 |
Momma and I at our rehearsal dinner
|
Lucky me...I have two other special moms in my life that I want to talk about. My dad will soon get re-married to a wonderful lady named Kim. They will marry in September in Mexico. They've asked JT and I to go and we can't wait! Kim won't be my step mom as I think the word step mom has a negative connotation. When my parents split my world felt upside down. I was so sad for them, and for our family. I am glad that it happened when I was an adult and I could see that them being happy is all that matters. If it wasn't together than so be it. Kim makes my dad so happy and I know why...She is a great woman! She is very smart, giving, kind, loyal, unselfish and is a wonderful mom to her two sons Jason and Derek. I just love that I will have 2 more brothers and another "mom" to learn from and love. So happy that my mom has found a great man in her boyfriend, Steve. Both of my parents are so happy and I couldn't be happier about that.
 |
Dad, Kim and I at our rehearsal dinner
|
 |
| Kim and I- Thanksgiving 2010 |
Through marriage I've gained my mother in law, Tracie. Tracie is kind hearted, funny, competitive (don't try to beat her in dominos) and wise. Despite life's challenges, Tracie is optimistic and determined to live the "good life" Recently she decided to go back to school and she is doing so well in her classes. We are so proud of her! You can do anything you put your mind to momma. Go get it!
 |
| Tracie and JT |
You are so sweet, Ash! You will make a great mother yourself one day :) Love you!
ReplyDelete