Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sissy girl

Bluepearl ( http://kansas.bluepearlvet.com/ ) has visiting hours so that owners can see their pets as they recover. I went this am for a visit. I feel that her just hearing our voices it will help her fight. JT had to work and couldn't go with me in the am. Luckily my mom went and met me there because I was a mess after seeing her all drugged up in a cage with an IV and morphine drip. I have the best momma! The doctor said she had thrown up a couple of times and was in a lot of pain. After a major surgery like she had the pain part is normal. She didn't really even look at me because she was pretty out of it. I swear she could hear me though. I just sat beside her and petted her soft ears and said over and over again, "mommy loves you very much and you're going to be ok"

heart wrenching...LOVE you Ahli.


I held it together for her...Dogs can since when you're sad. Boston hasn't left my side in 3 days. The doctor talked about a feeding tube because Ahli needs to start getting nutrients. I didn't stay too long with her in case I was exciting her too much. I wanted her to rest. I went into work to attempt to get my mind off her.

I am so thankful for our family and friends and their prayers and support. I would be lost without all the wonderful people in my life. JT has been my rock. He helps me think positively and rely on God since it is in his hands. I had my blood pressure taken today at work because I wanted to be sure I wasn't getting too worked up. My blood pressure was surprisingly really good. I've been doing the best I can with grief, it's so hard.

Tonight JT and I went back to visit. She wagged her tail for us and kissed my lips. That was SUCH a wonderful surprise. She has a long way to go, but she seemed so much better from the am. The doctors at Blue Pearl are so good and they really care about her.

God is so good! Please continue to pray for her to recover. We want her home and she needs your prayers. I can't imagine our life without her!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I would be a wreck, and that photo is so sad :( I'm sorry you guys are going through this, we had a scare with Maisy once before and it was so hard feeling so helpless. Saying prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete