I've said before at the dog park to other dog owners that Ahli is a lover not a fighter. Well I stand corrected as she is home tonight with her family. Thank you family and friends for your love, support and prayers over these last few days. Especially my mom, she's been a rock! We have needed the prayers and still need them through Ahli's recovery.
Ahli underwent major surgery last Wednesday. After having 75-80% of her small intestines removed due to ingesting pieces of an Astrobone. The doctors said her turnaround was a miracle. We visited her at the hospital twice a day which I truly believe kept her going. I can't say enough good things about Blue Pearl http://kansas.bluepearlvet.com/ Ahli's surgeon, Candace Layton, and two internal medicine doctors, Katherine Spry and Cat Peace saved her life. Along with all the nice technicians like Vicky who gave her love while I wasn't there.
Her recovery will be a long process as she has only 20% (at most) of her small intestines. I have to take a couple days off work so I can closely monitor her and her progress. I went and bought some baby gates to block stairs (going to need them soon anyway) She can't climb stairs or leave the ground for 2 weeks.
Some people might think I am crazy for spending $7,900.00 on a dog. Yes I am crazy, crazy in love with my animals. I could never place a figure on the amount of joy they bring me. We will find a way to save the money and pay our bills. We always do.
I have to say that without my faith and belief that all things 1) happen for a reason and 2) are possible with God, I would be lost. A verse I found that I love is James 1:2-4
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
I am so lucky to have JT...He always remains positive and although he may get annoyed at my type A antics, he still loves me and supports me.
![]() |
| This breaks my heart... |
![]() |
| Poor girl... |
![]() |
| "Party Hat" |
On another happy note, I am now 6 months along. Isaiah Jae is moving around tons in there even as I type this. I have had fun preparing the nursery and "nesting" The nursery is a big secret until it's all done. :) I can't even imagine the love I will feel for him.
24 weeks or 6 months- 10/29/11




I'm so happy Ahli's home! Yay! I hope she has a smooth recovery--I'm sure your hugs and kisses will help her a lot. :)
ReplyDelete