Sunday, October 9, 2011

Who care's I am pregnant!

I took Friday off work and didn't have to work this weekend. KU FB was away. I won't talk about the game or score. I am forever a Jayhawk though through thick and thin!

It felt AMAZING to have the weekend off. I got so much accomplished. The long weekend started Thursday night when JT and I got to see Meryl (my best friend from college) and her man Jared.

I got more best friend time on Friday when I saw my best friend of 15 years, Andrea, and her precious girls for lunch. We went to Quinton's. One of my favorite lunch spots in Lawrence. That evening my dad and Kim came up for dinner. They brought yummy steaks, and of course my birthday dinner included mac and cheese and asparagus. It was great to see them...It had been awhile.

Saturday...yup more best friend time when my mom and I went to the mall and picked out an outfit for JT and I's maternity photos. We then met Jerry (my brother) for lunch. JT and I had a date on the couch and relaxed and watched a movie on Saturday night. I love those kind of nights with him.

Today, Happy 28th Birthday to me! This is the first year I feel great about my age. Yes, I am almost 30 but who cares...I am going to be a mom soon :)

I got so many sweet FB posts, calls, and texts for my birthday. I feel so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. JT cooked me breakfast (an omelette w/ sausage, cheese and green peppers, and some rosemary basil potatoes.) It was so yummy and thoughtful of him. Part of his gift to me was agreeing to do maternity photos :) It was more than a perfect evening for photos. I can't wait to see Amber Temple's work. She is the cutest and I love her work. Check out her blog http://ambertemplephotography.blogspot.com/ JT and I had a good time taking the pictures together. I still can't believe this pregnancy is going so fast. I got a lot of time to work on the nursery this weekend. It's already coming along nicely. I won't be posting pictures until it's done. I have gone away from the train theme, for now.

It was a perfect ending to a perfect weekend!
Jerry, Mom and I- My belly is finally out and about :)


Emeri, Andrea, Henley and I on Mass St. 
My brother, Jerry, and I (I am 21 weeks)

2 comments:

  1. You look SO cute! Happy birthday mama!!! Enjoy every minute of this amazing time!

    PS it only gets BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was GREAT visiting with you Friday! You are so cute prego! Thanks for being such a great friend! The girls love their bracelets! They tell everyone their Aunt Ashley gave them to them :) Can't believe we're 28 now! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete