Sunday, December 25, 2011

Best Gift EVER!

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. ♥ Isaiah 9:6 ♥


I especially love this verse this year since soon unto us a child will be born :)- This year I am most thankful for the gift of pregnancy. I've dreamed of being a mom for so long. I enjoy the gifts that can't be bought in the store. Time with family & friends, our animals, JT and I's love for each other. 


It's so easy to get caught up with Christmas and gift giving- I do it too! Can't wait to teach Isaiah about the real meaning of Christmas. Saw a friends Facebook status this am that I really liked... It said, "The gifting tradition began w/ wise men bringing gifts 2 Jesus. What will we bring Him?" 


Christmas Events- 2011


12/22- We spent the evening with my dad, Kim, Lynn- (Kim's dad), Jason, Marcy, Derick, Jamie and Cadence. I think I am still full from the yummy meal we ate. The steaks were so delish (the size of my head). Sad that my camera battery died while we were there, I was only able to get a few pictures. Kim made lots of gifts that were homemade. She is getting to be very crafty. Love it! They also got us a stand mixer. YAY!!! I can't wait to use that bad boy- just can't let it get in the way with post baby weight loss. :) 


* Pregnancy note- This was the first night where I was completely uncomfortable. I had to sit in a chair with my feet up the whole night. Oh boy...here we go! 


12/24- Christmas Eve we went to my grandma Judy's (My mom's momma) I've always been very close with my grandma, aunts and cousins on this side. I love our time together. Grandma was nice and let us have the Chiefs vs. Raiders game on (too bad they couldn't pull out a win in overtime) Great to see everyone there and how fun...my cousin Erica is also pregnant (due late Summer) next year's Christmas will be very different with two babies running around. CAN'T WAIT! 


* Pregnancy note- This day marked the start of our 8th month. Such a blessing that Isaiah is hanging on in there. Told JT my hips feel like I rode a bike to Canada and back. Sleeping/climbing stairs is no longer fun. 


12/25- CHRISTmas Day
JT and I have decided we will make Christmas morning and night our family time... He woke up early to cook me and Isaiah breakfast. Those are the kinds of gifts I'm talking about. :) His skills in the kitchen are impressive. Lucky me! He made omelets and potatoes. We couldn't eat too much because we went to my Nana's (my dad's moms) this afternoon. So fun seeing everyone. JT also gave me a "JT time book" Very thoughtful and creative. It was pretty funny...he made rules to the gifts. Hopefully you can see the fine print when I post the picture. He makes me smile. 


Tonight JT and I will watch Christmas Vacation and I will prob eat some popcorn with peanut m&m's...YUM! It's been so nice relaxing and seeing family on all sides. We 
are truly blessed beyond measures.


Love this picture with momma

8 months 



Treat Tray...YUM!

Handsome Husband! 

My brother, Jerry, and I with Grandma Judy

Christmas morning



The rules are hilarious to me

um when Isaiah comes this job may (will) stick lol

JT and I with Nana

Kim and Dad on Christmas

Holy belly! 


   



1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to hang out with you and Jerry today sweetie..Love Love Love your blog and Love Love Love that you (Get it)...about Gods love and life...Hope we always remember ..the best things in Life are not things....so proud of You,JT and Jerry...3 out of four of my best gifts ever...can you guess my fourth???
    Grandma Suz is Im sure the most excited Grandma ever..and as Jerry says I look like I slept with a hanger in my mouth..ha..

    ReplyDelete