Saturday two of my best friends Meryl and Abbey hosted a baby shower for Isaiah and I. The shirt I have on in this picture was a gift from Meryl. She is so funny. It's a belly Jayhawk t-shirt. I look really hot in it with just shorts on :)
 |
| Meryl (left) me and Abbey |
I am not great at receiving gifts. I feel like I just got married not too long ago (because I didn't) and so many people bought us presents. Our friends and family are too kind.
You know you're a tom boy when the thought of seeing if the North Carolina vs. Kentucky basketball game can be on during the shower crosses your mind. :)
In lieu of a card, Meryl asked friends to bring a book to build Isaiah's library. Loved this concept and I can't wait to read all the books I received to our lil man. They will be extra special because friends wrote notes inside. When I got home I noticed that one of the books "The Little Engine that Could" had a Johnson County Library tag on it. I immediately thought I would take it back as it was a mistake. I then thought...maybe not, maybe it was my moms book. She's funny like that. I was going to take it back to the library so "she" didn't get charged for it until I opened it up to find the below message (sorry mom this is too funny/priceless not to share)
Isaiah,
Suz searched Gardner high & low. I couldn't find my favorite book for sale anywhere ( so being the little engine that could that I am) Grammy jacked one from the library. This makes this book even more special. I will gladly pay the library 4 times its worth because you will use this concept your whole life
(I think I can & I thought I would) Ask mommy about how she borrowed encyclopedia pictures from her elementary teachers library. Very resourceful girl... I love you - Grandma Suz-
I may or may not have cut pictures out of an encyclopedia for a report when I was in elementary school. (Hey it was pre google images don't judge me)
The little engine that could is one of my favorite books from childhood. Thanks for the laugh mom. You are the best!
I didn't take near as many photos as I wanted to, but thought I would share a few. No group photo :( and no pictures of the yummy food spread we had which included: chicken tortellini soup, salad, breakfast casseroles, quiche, some stuffed mushroom thingy's, mimosa's- not for me obviously, red velvet cake balls, cupcakes, chocolate chip cookie brownies. YUM!!
 |
| Annie Werner creation...You'll soon see this in the nursery reveal |
 |
| Preggo friend pic L to R Emily, Angie, me, Kelly and Avery wanting her mom :) |
 |
| Cousin Jamie, aunts and grandma from my mommas side. <3 them so much! |
 |
| Mer, Me, Carolyn & Abbey |
 |
| Best friend of 28 years...momma |
 |
| Treat bags I made |
On Pinterest I saw the idea to make hot chocolate stirring spoons. It was easy and it turned out really cute I think. This one had coconut on it. I used sprinkles, pearls, blue sprinkles, marshmallows, and stars. I filled the bags with a packet of hot chocolate and one of my favorites treats which is chocolate covered Acai berries. If you're looking for the ones that I got you can find them here. Warning...these are addicting. I attribute most of my weight gain to these.
http://www.amazon.com/Brookside-Dark-Chocolate-Covered-Blueberry/dp/B003M1PKUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323139872&sr=8-1
 |
Hostess with the mostest...Meryl Pearl
|
To everyone that attended...I can't thank you enough for being there and for the love and support you've shown me and Isaiah. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for the awesome shower.
Later that evening was a Christmas party at Brett and Stephanie's. I had been looking forward to this party for over a month. Too bad I was a total party pooper and had to leave at 6:30. I was exhausted. It was fun to see everyone and spend time with all the little kiddos.
 |
| Me with Vivi |
 |
| Harper girl- Abbey's oldest |
 |
| An attempt to get a group picture of the girls. Precious! |
 |
AMA... (and Isaiah...7 months and 1 week here)
|
;) Looks like you had a wonderful shower! Sad I missed it b/c I had to work! Love you Ash! Glad you have so many great friends that love you!!!
ReplyDeleteI laughed so hard when I read Aunt Susie's note. Very classic. I am so excited for your beautiful growing family:)
ReplyDeleteI take it you are an Kansas Jayhawk's fan. I can tell by your jayhawk t shirt. I'm not a huge sports fan, but my husband loves them. Congrats on the baby! How far along are you?
ReplyDelete