I just love gifts that are practical, cheap, thoughtful etc... We say the "you know you're old when_______" saying a lot in our house.
But for real, "you know you're old when you are ecstatic about getting the following for Christmas (these were probably my top 5):
1. Costco Membership
2. Electric Toothbrush
3. GIANT jar of homemade laundry detergent
4. New sheets
5. Who doesn't love cash? :) Too bad you're old when the cash you get as a gift goes straight to bills. BOO!
Kim made Jamie and I some laundry soap. These make PERFECT gifts! I love it.
This soap will last approximately a year. It costs about $20 to make (not including the glass container or lettering- both of which should be bought on sale from a store like Hobby Lobby) You don't have to use as much of it because there is no "filler" like there is with the majority of the products you probably buy.
Here is a link to instructions on how to make this magic soap. It smells delicious!
http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html
No comments:
Post a Comment